Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I wish I had been in that hole in his place!"

Abd Allah b. Mas'ud was one of the pioneer Muslims, and a close associate of the Prophet, peace be on him. He said, "I accompanied the Prophet in his Tabuk expedition. One night, while the army had encamped in a place, i stood up praying; suddenly a dim lamp shining far away caught my attention. After finishing Prayer, i went out to look for it. As I drew near, i saw the Prophet, Abu Bakr and Umar gathered to bury Abd Allah Dhul Bijadayn (one of the companions who had passed away). They had prepared the grave, and i saw the Prophet standing inside, telling Abu Bakr and Umar, "Hand over your brother to me"; accordingly, they handed him over to him, whence he positioned him in the grave, and he supplicated thus, "O Allah, I had been well pleased with him, and so You too be well pleased with him!.....upon hearing his words, I wished i were in that hole in his place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment